Come Along and Hike Sint Maarten!
EPIC Sint Maarten started its hiking program in 2018 by creating the trails, mapping them, and putting up signs. EPIC began leading hikes for the public soon after and then provided training for volunteer hike leaders in 2022. Hikes are free of charge and led by volunteers.
The hikes are a mix of urban, coastal, grassland and secondary-forest trails. They vary in difficulty and are rated on a three-tiered scale; easy, moderate or challenging. Some trails are flat while others are undulating or ascend to Sint Maarten’s hilltops for spectacular panoramic views of the island and surrounding islands.
Upcoming Hike Dates and Locations:
Sunday 4th September – Naked Boy Hill - Map
Sunday 2nd October – West Coast Trail - Map
Sunday 6th November – hike to be determined, Watch this Space!
Sunday 4th December – hike to be determined, Watch this Space!
- Hikes are free and usually take place on the first Sunday of each month.
- Hike leaders are volunteers, please be nice to them!
- Everyone is welcome, including residents and visitors to the island.
- Our hikes are family-friendly. Check the level of the hike; easy, moderate, or challenging to decide if your child(ren) will be able to manage the hike.
- Dogs are not allowed on EPIC hikes. Please leave your pets at home.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver before the hike.
- Dress in comfortable clothes and sensible shoes such as trainers or hiking boots.
- Wear a hat and/or use sunscreen.
- Bring water in a reusable bottle and also a snack.
The hike program was made possible through initial funding from Tourism Cares and additional support from Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds, the Dutch Marines, and the Dutch Representative’s Office.